Healthy Foods

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chicken with Pomodoro Sauce

My bumper crop of tomatoes suspended in home cans is the start of this fresh and deep flavored dish.

I am doing more menu planning with I'm an Organizing Junkie. Here is my menu this week:



Also, $5 Dinners inspires us all to make low cost dinners. In that spirit, I am taking what Pick N Save has on sale, pairing it with coupons and coming up with the tastiest money saving around! This week, they have chicken on sale for $1.88 lb. (normally $4.79/lb.) which makes it a perfect time to update my classic recipe:

Chicken in Pomodoro Sauce
Ingredients:
1 lb chicken
1/2 lb spaghetti
1 pint Pomodoro Sauce

Directions:
1. Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions.

2. Saute chicken.

3. Pour sauce over chicken. Heat until warm and serve.

Servings: 6

Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1/6 of a recipe (5.3 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.

Amount Per Serving
Calories 256.05
Calories From Fat (9%) 22.9
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.61g 4%
Saturated Fat 0.48g 2%
Cholesterol 43.85mg 15%
Sodium 96.95mg 4%
Potassium 388.19mg 11%
Total Carbohydrates 33.73g 11%
Fiber 1.75g 7%
Sugar 0.97g
Protein 23.38g 47%

Recipe Type
Chicken, Harvest, Italian, Main Course, Simple Supper

Source
Author: Susan Ewing

Recipe Cost: $5.80 (on sale $3.00)
Serving Cost: $0.97 (on sale $0.16)

Print

Search for CouponsSearch for Coupons

11 comments:

Alicia said...

Sounds yummy, Susie! My husband loves dishes like that!!

And I love your new layout. Looks so clean!

The Blue Zoo said...

Cool! Thanks for the super easy recipe!

cat said...

Simple enough for me to do!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I've never had pomodoro sauce...I don't think anyway. Where do you get it?

mommytoalot said...

That pomodoro sauce sounds like something my hubby would like. I am copying it...
busy week for you again..huh

blueviolet said...

That just sounds like heaven!

Amy said...

that sounds amazing.. Yummy...
Go Packers.. Have a great day..

The Blonde Duck said...

On the news they said food prices are going up because the price of corn went up. I'm all about cheap, easy dishes!

Frizzy and Bird said...

This is one of my favorite meals to eat! LOVE IT!

Candi said...

That sounds so fancy but easy. Love those kind of fake out meals! YUM!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

YUM!

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger